The regular students of the Campus will be considered for Merit Scholarship subject to following conditions if otherwise they are eligible:
1. 75% attendance required for the award of scholarship and the attendance will be calculated on the basis of each class attended by the student
2. Students awarded scholarship in the First year of the course on the basis of Merit are eligible to get scholarship till the normal completion of the course if they maintain 40% or above through out the course
3. Promoted and compartmental students are not eligible for the renewal of scholarship
4. Students who are not awarded scholarship earlier due to lack of below prescribed percentage of marks may also be considered for scholarship in the subsequent years subject to availability of funds and recommendation of competent authority/committee
5. Normally scholarship for pursuing second Acharya will not be considered. However, scholarship for pursuing second Acharya in allied and rare subjects will be considered subject to availability of funds and approval of the competent authority. In no case scholarship will be awarded for pursuing third Acharya. Scholarship for the notified categories such as SC, ST, PH etc., will be available as per norms of Central Government/UGC/Sansthan provided if such candidates are not in receipt of scholarship from any other sources
6. Scholarship can not be claimed as right and the Principal of the Campus/Vice Chancellor is the final authority in awarding the scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP for Shiksha Shastri Course
Only 50% of sanctioned strenght of Shiksha Shastri course will be considered for Merit Scholarship subject to the minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination. Rate of scholarship is Rs.400/- per month.
SCHOLARSHIP for Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D) Course
Scholars registered for Vidyavaridhi will be eligible for the scholarship of Rs.3000/- per month subject to availability of scholarship in the Shastra concerned in addition to the contingency grant of Rs.2500/- per annum subject to the rules for grant of Scholarship. At present there are 15 research students (regular and part-time) in the campus.
His Holiness Jagadguru Dakshinamnaya Sringeri Sri Sharadapeethadheesha Sri Sri Sri Bharati Teertha Maha Swami Gold Medal
With the Divine blessings of His Holiness Jagadguru Dakshinamnaya Sringeri Sri Sharadapeethadheesha Sri Sri Sri Bharati Teertha Maha Swamiji, Padmashree Gurusevadhureena Sri V.R.Gowrishankar, Administrator, Sringeri Muth & Properties has instituted Twelve Gold Medals in the name of His Holiness in memory of his parents Mahamahopadhyaya Vidyanidhi Ramachandra Sastry and Smt.Ramabhakti. The medals are awarded to the students who secure first ranks in the annual examinations of Sansthan in the Shastras concerned
1. Sri Adishaktyatmaka Annapurneshwari Ammanavara Endowment: Sri Bhimeshwara Joshi, Dharmakarta, Sri Adishaktyatmaka Annapurneshwari Ammanavara Devasthanam, Srikshetra, Horanadu has made two endowment prizes for an amount of Rs. 25,000/- each (total Rs.50, 000/-) for the development of traditional Shastras. The amount has been deposited in State Bank Mysore, Sringeri and the accrued interest of the endowments will be utilized for the purpose as per the wishes of the donor.
2. Sri Mahabala Bhide Endowment: In memory of Late Sri. Mahabala Bhide, his son Sri. N.M. Bhide, Sringeri has made an endowment for an amount of Rs. 11,000/- deposited in State Bank of Mysore, Sringeri. The accrued interest of this amount is awarded as cash prize to the student who secures highest marks in Prak-Shastri-II year since 2003-2004.
3. Sri B. G. Sesha Gopala Endowment : In memory of Late Sri Sesha Gopala B.G, Prak-Shastri-II of 2004-2005 batch of this campus, his father Sri. Ganesh Bhat B.S, has made an endowment in 2006-2007 with an amount of Rs. 11,000/- deposited in State Bank of Mysore, Sringeri. The accrued interest of this amount is awarded as cash prize to the student who secures highest marks in Shastri-III
4. Gurukripa Puraskar: All the teachers of the Campus collectively taken a decision to make an endowment in the academic year 2006-2007 in the name of Gurukripa Puraskar with an amount of Rs. 11,000/- and the same is deposited in State Bank of Mysore, Sringeri. The accrued interest of this amount is awarded as cash prize to the student who secures highest marks among all faculties at Acharya level.
5. Dr. H.K. Krishnaswamy Foundation : The trust was started in the year 1992 by the children of Dr. H.K. Krishnaswamy in memory of their father. There are four TRUSTEES for the Trust. Dr. H.K. Krishna Swamy belonged to the first batch of graduates from the Medical College in Mysore. He set up his practice in Davanagere in the year 1931 and practiced there for more than 50 years. He took a very keen interest in the field of education and was a founder member of the BAPUJI EDUCATION ASSOCIATION in Davanagere. He was the Chairman of this body till his demise. This body was mainly responsible in developing Davanagere into a famous place for education. The Trust assists students financially on the basis of merit cum need. Selection of students for scholarship is not restricted to any community, caste, religion or region. Till date the trust has helped many students in the fields of Engineering, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Education, Science and Sanskrit language studies. The trust awards scholarships to the needy Campus students every year. In the year 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09, the trust has awarded scholarships to the tune of Rs. 20,000/- , Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 17,000/- respectively.
6. Sri Venkateshwara Endowment Prize: Dr.P.Venkata Rao, member of Education Faculty of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati has instituted an endowment in the name Sri Venkateshwara Endowment Prize. This prize will be awarded to the SC/ST student of Shiksha Shastri who secures first position in the Campus in the annual examination. An amount of Rs.11,000/- has been deposited as FD for the purpose in Bank of India of Sringeri Branch. The accrued interest of the FD will be given as cash prize every year.
7. Smt. Kaveramma Memorial Endowment Prize: This endowment for an amount of Rs.12,000/- has been instituted by Brahmasri Sheshagiri and Brahmsari Krishnamurthy of Jayapura, Sringeri in memory of their mother Smt. Kaveramma. The amount has bee deposited with SBM, Sringeri Branch and the accured interest of the same will be awarded to the topper of Advaita Vedanta and Navya Nyaya subjects every year as per the directions of the donors.